Saturday, November 19, 2011

When should i stop watering my tomato plants?

Ive heard at some point i should STOP watering my tomato plants. I think i heard it was when they begin to fruit. I guess im curious what/when that is. I currently have flowers, and Very small fruits. Maybe stop now? THANKS EVERYONE!!!

When should i stop watering my tomato plants?
I know what your talking about, I slow down the watering after the blossoms have been pollenated to encourage fruiting. It sounds like you have no problem getting fruit. This is the only way I will get more that three fruits off my plant. Also, because of bee shortage again this year, I self pollenated my plants by using a piece of staw-like grass or toothpick and rubbing it from one blossom to the next, making sure to only use a fresh one between different varieties, otherwise you'd end up with cuculopes like me last year!
Reply:I have raised tomato plants....I would stop watering them in the fall depending upon your weather or when they are no longer making fruits...tomatoes. It depends on where you live as to how long they keep making tomatoes. They need lots of water to make good tasting tomatoes. The flowers show that your plant is going to make tomatoes of course and they start out small and green. The best watering produces the best fruits. I hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment